Saturday, March 15, 2014

A day in the life of ......

The last exciting day I experienced and that might turn this post into an at least fairly interesting read was the 25th of February. I spent this particular day, like the rest of the semester break, in my hometown in Carinthia. In comparison to Graz we were blessed with a great deal of snow and so my dad and I decided to go skiing for the first time in about five years. Having gathered all of our long lost skiing equipment, we drove to a ski resort first thing in the morning. We were fortunate because this day turned out to be the first sunny day in the whole of five weeks I have spent at home. Luckily, I also didn't forget any of my skiing skills and managed to race down the slopes without harming any of the other skiers. After a couple of hours we headed back home to finish my carnival project before it got dark. As I decided to dress as Loki, the god of mischief, for the carnival parade this year, I had to craft at least part of the costume myself. My dad decided to help me out and we built Loki’s helmet together. We worked through the better part of the afternoon and evening but unfortunately we weren’t able to finish it on time. Still, it was a day I spent with my dad and that is why it was worth every second.




No comments:

Post a Comment