Monday, May 6, 2013

The world of Photography

Since I can remember I have been into photography in some way. The only thing that has changed in the past few months though is the fact that today I am no longer only interested in pictures but the act of taking pictures as well. I have become really envious of people that are capable of capturing beautiful moments in even more mesmerizing pictures. Not everybody can show off with having the ability to do that. I have only ever tested the waters of photography a handful of times, but right now I would really love to get deeper into the world of photography. And there is nothing that will stop me from trying.
      One of the most amazing photographers that I have come across so far is called Tyler Shields. He started his career on MySpace and after finding recognition in the media he has become a highly coveted photographer. People like Lindsay Lohan, Zachary Quinto, Emma Robert, Nina Dobrev, Michael Trevino or e.g. the whole cast of Revenge were already perpetuated in photographs by him. And currently people seem to finally become more and more aware of his talents
      One of my favourite series that he published is called the “chromatic” series. As a part of this project he took pictures of people or objects that were either splashed with coloured powder or right in the middle of being covered with it. You can't imagine how incredible the images are! I think they are unique because of the strong colour contrasts and the capability of  the colours to change the whole “mood” of the pictures. And even though they are only a tiny factor, colours can undeniably change the whole meaning of a picture very strongly.
     A major part of his pictures though is very provoking, controversial and criticised by the media but in my point of view this capability to provoke is not a bad thing at all. To my mind, provocation is
the one message a picture should be able to convey. Just because it isn’t someone’s cup of tea or not his personal opinion, doesn’t mean it can’t be the exact opposite for someone else.
      I consider Photography to be a hobby but I still understand the difficulties and the challenges that lie within the profession. How much effort you need to put into developing an idea as well as into realizing it. For that reason I have a great deal of respect for everybody that pursues this kind of career. Therefore everybody who would consider such a profession should definitely not try to talk himself out of it because you might never know. And who would be a better example than Tyler Shields? For him it all worked out brilliantly in the end.

I didn't really want to add any pictures to the text because of Copyright issues. If you're interested in Tyler Shields photography though, you can either go to his youtube channel or his website www.tylershields.com




No comments:

Post a Comment